There’s nothing quite like the delicious taste of fresh, homemade ice cream, especially when you get the recipe just right. A lot of people don’t make their own ice cream because they assume they don’t have the proper equipment. They think they need an ice cream maker, whether electric or manual, but they’re wrong. There are several ways to make this wonderful frozen treat without a specialized machine. One of them is to use a blender. Learning how to make ice cream in a blender can be a great idea because the appliance is so common, the process is simple, and the results can be, well…sweet. Read below to find out how to make ice cream in a blender.
- 【Aimores 831 Smoothie Blender with Heating Programmed Press】8 PROGRAMMED SETTINGS TO MAKE YOUR SOUP & SMOOTHIE WITH ONE TOUCH: Juice / Ice Cream / Smoothie / Milk Shake / Puree / Light Soup/Mushroom Soup/Tomato Soup. Other Convenient Program: Speed / Keep Warm/Timing/Crush/Pulse/Stir
- 【Aimores 831 Commercial Blender Pitcher with Innovative Design】The Boron Glass made with eight flow-resistant pillar and eight stainless steel blades that creates a unique controlled vortex, pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies. Specially, making hot soybean milk, light soup or puree soup, porridge with preset programmed setting automatically
- 【Aimores 831 Professional Blender with Heating Programmed Function】Heavy duty soup blender makes soy milk, almond milk, pumpkin soup, puree soup etc. automatically following the command, water/soup/liquid temperature reach 100℃ degree to be cooked thoroughly
- 【Aimores 831 Soup Maker with Optimized 8 Blades】8 Perfect Dimensional Stainless Steel Blade spins at 28,000 RPMs to pulverize and chop with precision.
- 【SafetyWarranty】ETL & FDA Certified. All Parts that Contact are BPA-Free Materials. Boron Glass Pitcher with heat-resistant, anti acid & alkaline, healthy & durable.
Things to Know Before You Get Started
The best homemade ice cream is the result of careful preparation as much as skill and quality ingredients. Though the thought of making your own ice cream can be exciting, there are a few things to consider before you dive on in. First, the quality of the ingredients you use really is important. Fresh, creamy milk, for example, gives your ice cream a better texture. And ice cream can actually be quite healthy, Try using pure cane organic sugar and real vanilla extract instead of imitation. Plus, natural food stores are a great place to pick up the best milk in your area.
You should know that ice cream making is a process that’s going to take time, regardless of the type of equipment you use. If you’re looking for instant results you might do better to get your ice cream from a local store. Making your own ice cream is worth the time it takes because you get to customize the flavor to your liking and it would be very hard to get a fresher batch. But don’t equate the wait time with a big workload. It’s a fairly easy task and that you may even find fun. And, the better the blender, the easier the task becomes.
How to Make Ice Cream in a Blender
Regardless of the flavor you’re planning, ice cream consists of a few basic ingredients. You’ll need milk and ice, sugar, vanilla extract. The amounts of each depends on how much ice cream you want to make. Most blenders have a 48 to 64 ounce capacity. For every quarter-cup of milk, you’ll need two cups of ice, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and four teaspoons of sugar. Crushing the ice comes first. If you have a good blender you can use it to crush the ice, but be sure to put the ice in alone and crush it before adding your other ingredients.
Now add in rest of the ingredients and blend. If you’re making flavored ice cream such as chocolate or strawberries, now is a good time to add the syrup, fruit, or other goodies to the mix. Blend until smooth. Don’t worry if the resulting mixture looks a bit watery. The next step is to pour the mix into a storage bowl and put it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours. Freeze longer for firmer ice cream. Then your ice cream is ready to eat. If you want a really fancy treat, try adding some toppings.
The Benefits of Blenders for Making Ice Cream
As you may have noticed, learning how to make ice cream in a blender can be fairly simple. There’s no reason to feel like you’re at a disadvantage because you have to use a blender to make your homemade ice cream. On the contrary, making ice cream this way can be quite enjoyable. Plus, even if you use an electric ice cream maker you’d have to wait for your ice cream to freeze. Using a maker just saves you the step of transferring the mix to a bowl and putting it in the freezer.
The ability to make ice cream in a blender shows just how versatile these appliances are. It saves many home chefs from having to spend hundreds of dollars on a variety of specialized equipment. This is one dessert that gives you a lot of room for creativity, and blenders have the power to keep up with the possibilities. Therefore, once you’ve mastered the basic of making ice cream in the blender, try experimenting with different ingredients.