Firstly, I’ll give a quick overview of Tim Ferriss nootropics choices. Then later in this post, I’ll go into details on each one.
Tim’s nootropic list:
- Creatine & Ubiquinol- All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn Creatine & Solgar Ubiquinol 200 mg
- Lion’s Maine Extract – Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Lion’s Mane & Chaga
- Yerba Mate – Cruz De Malta
- Exogenous Ketones – KetoCaNa & KetoForce
Tim has tried the majority of smart drugs on the market, including things like the racitam family (piracetam, aniracetam etc), modafinil, ritalin etc. At one stage, before he was a bestselling author, he ran a supplement company called BrainQuicken, focused on selling cognitive enhancement supplements. So he knows his stuff.
As of Sept 2016, Tim has decided the short term gain from many of the popular smart drugs are not worth the long term side effects.
Therefore, Tim Ferriss nootropic choices are a little different from most. That being said, he still uses a number of products that give him a sustainable cognitive boost.
Creatine & Ubiquinol
Tim considers this combination for those with alzheimer’s or other mitochondrial based neurodegenerative diseases in their family history. He takes them on a daily basis.
Lion’s Maine Extract
Tim consumes Lion’s Mane as a drink combined with chaga (another mushroom) and coffee. Known as Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee.
Tim alternates between the coffee version (above) and this non-coffee version. One way to consume the mix without coffee is to do as Dr Rhonda Patrick does, and blend it into a smoothie.
The KetoCaNa is the weaker of the two, but is the most palatable. KetoForce would have a greater impact on your blood ketone level (beta-hydroxybutyrate). KetoForce is an alkaline liquid, that you can add to water to drink. To balance out the alkalinity you can add some lemon juice.
For more info on these nootropics, check out the 9 minute YouTube video Tim made on the subject.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy:
- Tim Ferriss – 3 Day Fast Protocol Details – Get into Ketosis Quicker and Easier (article link)
- Dr Rhonda Patrick’s Preferred Supplement List (article link)
- Rhonda Patrick’s Diet Details – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (article link)
- Rhonda Patrick’s Pregnancy + Baby Product Recommendations (article link)