Who is Jillian Michaels?
Jillian Michaels was born in Los Angeles, California. She is known for appearing on several television shows such as The Biggest Loser and Just Jillian. She has written several books over the course of her fame, most notably Slim For Life. Jillian is the creator of the self-named Jillian Michaels Diet plan. It has received countless praise and recognition for catering to every body type based on size, age, gender, and other factors that are established by the nutritional and personal trainers that work with the people who have undertaken her courses. Thousands have claimed that her innovative techniques to combating weight loss and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle were the main driving forces responsible for reaching their health goals.
Jillian has appeared as a guest editor and cover girl on multiple health and diet magazines such as Shape, Health, and Home Journal. She has two children and cohabits with fiancé Heidi Rhoades.
- Jillian Michaels
- Publisher: Harmony
- Edition no. 1 (12/31/2013)
- Paperback: 288 pages
Jillian Michaels Diet Plan
The Jillian Michaels Diet is based around online courses that involve both physical activity and diet change. Highly customizable, the diet plan’s selling point is the way in which it changes to suit every person’s unique issues and concerns. Body weight, size, and past diet experiences are all considered and used to formulate the best weight loss solution. It is exemplary in two ways that offer both relief and a challenge for the customer:
• When a user signs up for the Jillian Michaels Diet, they have an online community to network and train alongside with. Weekly training exercises and dietary advice is given through video and podcasts. For a period of one week, users can test out the website themselves and determine if the diet plan is the right fit for them. Chances are high that every guest will find something that could aide greatly in their quest to attain better health or weight reduction. The Jillian Diet does not require registration with any gym at all since the exercises are done via online and/or at guest meetings. Online support is easy and also includes a section where the guest can receive personal advice from Jillian herself.
• Jillian has taken advantage of her health credentials and cooking experience to make a large database filled with health cooking recipes. They range in diversity from baking goods to fast food alternatives that are healthy. Some of her recipes are also changed based on the user and what food flavorings they love the most. The ingredients will greatly vary at times but fundamentally contain low carbohydrates, low sugar, and many antioxidants. Green, leafy vegetables are among user’s favorite. Meals high in protein and amino acids are commonplace and are some of the most searched dishes.
Benefits Of The Jillian Michaels Diet Plan
Jillian has made note of the fact that diet fads tend to solve little to no health goals for most people. Although some diets will certainly be beneficial to select individuals, they are risky for others. One of the key benefits to her diet plan is the level of human interaction that occurs. This is surprising to some since social media is utilized so heavily in her program.
Another key benefit is its versatility. Recognizing that what works for one particular client could be unhealthy or have a near-placebo effect on another, she has centered the entire regiment on giving every single dieter their own file on the techniques that are helping them the most. For example, as the program is progressed, food ingredients, cardio, crossfit, and exercise are updated to suit their progression for each month or week. It is a good way to keep clients happy through not knowing what to expect next, especially during workout activities.
Jillian Michaels Diet Plan Recipes
As previously stated, Jillian has hundreds of great tasting diet recipes at the user’s disposal. While most are exclusively available for viewing with her diet program, others can be found on magazines and health food articles around the internet. She can also be viewed publicly on various social media websites giving instructions on specific foods that are inspired by her weight loss diet. Her famous detox drink is highly suggested to try. They can be tweaked and experimented to suit the style and taste of anyone.
Barbecue Chicken Burrito
Serving Size: 2-3
• 1 teaspoon of olive oil
• 1/2 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast that is cut into small cubes
• 1/4 cup of chopped onion
• 1 1/2 cloves of minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons of organic barbecue sauce
• 7 ounces of organic black beans, low sodium, rinsed and drained
• 2 whole grain tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
• 2 tablespoons of low fat sour cream
• Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan to medium temperature. Add thte chicken, garlic, and onion. cook for eight minutes, checking to make sure that the chicken is well done. Stir occasionally.
• Mix in the beans and barbecue sauce. Cook for five minutes until it is completely hot.
• Heat up the tortillas.
• Carefully place about a half cup of chicken down the middle of the tortilla and add one tablespoon of sour cream. Roll up the tortilla.
Serving Size: 4
• 11 1/2 pounds of haddock grouper, or cod
• cooking spray
• 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon of fat-free mayonnaise
• 1/8 tablespoons of onion powder
• 1/8 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
• 11 1/2 tablespoons of melted Smart Start
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
• Place fish in an 11×7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
• Put the fish into an 11×7 inch baking pan and coat with the cooking spray.
• Add lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and black pepper into a small bowl. Spread over the fish.
• Add breadcrumbs over the fish and Smart Start.
• Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Test with a fork. If the fish appears flakey. It is ready.
• Add parsley and serve immediately.
Ham and Apple on Bread
Serving Size: 5
• Olive oil spray, for the grill pan
• 2 slices crusty whole- wheat bread, such as boule or country loaf
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon honey
• 1 1/2 ounces thinly sliced organic Black Forest or other smoked ham
• 1/2 ounce reduced- fat Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
• 1/4 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Spray a grill pan with olive oil and heat over medium- high heat until hot but not smoking. Place the bread slices on the grill and grill until grill marks appear on both sides, about two minutes per side.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place the mustard and honey. Stir with a small spoon until well combined.
• Place the grilled bread on a work surface and spread the mustard and honey mixture on both slices. On one slice of bread, place the ham, gently folding each slice in thirds to give the sandwich some height.
• Arrange the cheese slices on top and then the apple slices. Grind some black pepper on the apple.
• Place the other slice of grilled bread on top. Slice the sandwich in half. Serve.
7 Day Detox Drink
• 60 ounces of purified water
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice
• 1 organic dandelion root tea bag
• Steep the tea bag for about 10 minutes, allow for it to cool off.
• Mix all of the ingredients together and add the tea bag.
• Drink the entire mixture all day for 7 days.
Jillian Michaels is expected to remain a popular figure in the world of dieting. Some have reviewed her workout routines as fairly hard but worth it in the end. For people who are serious about getting in shape, this is one of the best programs to try. She has saved countless lives with her insistence on helping so many around the country make their health a priority. Sometimes, a personable touch is required for motivation to take back control of their bodies. Jillian Michaels is a shining example of what every man, woman, and child can achieve for themselves.